The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

FloatingLens

Some night and astro shots. The main challenge was focusing as there is no live-view gain that I could find in the settings of the 907x. Let me know if I missed something. I'm not 100% sold on the processing yet -- I'll likely do a bit more work on these files before they are final-final but I wanted to share nonetheless. XCD 30mm.
Focusing the 907X in near darkness is indeed a problem. At some point the magnified view just goes black.

parityB

More precisely, regarding the technical issue I have with the 45p: ut underexposes at F4 and if the exposure speed is faster than 1/800s.
Like if the central shutter wasn't able to cope with fast aperture when used at its wider aperture.
I suppose this is not normal and that the lens needs to be fixed 😥
Hi Vincent,

unfortunately I have exact the same problem with my XCD 45p and a X1D II.

Did you eventually solve the problem?

I don't think it's a hardware issue, because exposures up to 1/2000 are correct at f4 as long as you took one picture before at any other aperture and then setting it back to f4.

Thank you
Christian

Last edited:

anGy

Hi Vincent,

unfortunately I have exact the same problem with my XCD 45p and a X1D II.

Did you eventually solve the problem?

I don't think it's a hardware issue, because exposures up to 1/2000 are correct at f4 as long as you took one picture before at any other aperture and then setting it back to f4.

Thank you
Christian
Hi Christian,
I made a demo of the issue at my dealer that did replace the lens by a new one.
Problem solved as there clearly was an hardware issue with my 1st copy.
Your lens should also be replaced or repaired under warranty.

Godfrey

Hallo Vince! Good to see you here!
I enjoy your photos with the 907x (and all the other amusing cameras you've acquired...) regardless where or how often I see them! :D

G

parityB

Hi Christian,
I made a demo of the issue at my dealer that did replace the lens by a new one.
Problem solved as there clearly was an hardware issue with my 1st copy.
Your lens should also be replaced or repaired under warranty.
Thank you,

I have been contact with Hasselblad and sent the lens in for repair. Gladly it is still under warranty.