The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

bensonga

Thought I would share this Canon 5DS version of a photo I recently posted to the Medium Format Fat Pixel images thread which was taken with a P20+ and Hasselblad CFi 60/3.5 Distagon.

I took this shot today with one of my favorite Canon lenses, the 100/2.8L macro. The colors here look more accurate to me than in the P20+ image I processed and posted, so I need to figure out why that is so. I really like the 5DS and 100/2.8L macro combination even for non-macro photos.

Gary

_MG_0100 RAW Auto Electric Dumpster Cropped SQ w-bdr P1800.jpg

Last edited:

bensonga

I've been interested in the 100mm f/2.8 macro for portraits. Great colors!
I’ve used (and still use) the standard Canon 100/2.8 USM macro for many years, mostly for non-macro photos. It is an excellent lens and value, especially at the current price of just $599. Lenses in the 85-105 focal length are some of my favorites. On this day I had the 100/2.8L macro mounted on the 5DS and the standard 100/2.8 macro mounted on my Canon 1V HS with Provia 100 loaded. I took the same shots with both cameras and look forward to comparing the results when I get the film developed and scanned.

bensonga

I often I reach back into my archives of images from the Canon 5D, 1D II and 40D to make prints. I chose this image for one of three B&W images I printed for a recent print exchange.
My 5D and Nikon D700 certainly fall into that category of cameras I will never sell. They have a pixel pitch/size of 8.2 and 8.4 microns respectively which is within spitting distance of the "Fat Pixel" sensor group (often described as 9 microns).

Gary

Northern Air Cargo Douglas DC-6, one of four engines, outside the Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum, Anchorage, April 2012
Canon 5D, Leica 50mm Summicron-R, converted to B&W with SilverEfex Pro 2, printed on a P800 and Epson Metallic Glossy for a 1Q 2021 print exchange.
_MG_0653 Leica-R 50 Summicron Northern Air Cargo Cropped SEP-1 +10B +10C P1800.jpg

Last edited: