The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

bensonga

I purchased a used 24mm TS-E II lens recently so I went out yesterday to give it a try. My main interest with this lens is being able to shoot buildings without converging verticals and with adjusting composition, so after leveling the camera, I simply used the shift capability of the lens to get the shots I wanted.

Gary

Alaska Indenpendence Mine Historical State Park, 5DS, 24 TS-E II
_MG_0122 RAW Independence Mine P2048.jpg

_MG_0133 RAW Independence Mine Bldg Cropped Adj Lvls P2048.jpg

_MG_0143 RAW Independence Mine Bldg P2048.jpg

Last edited:

bensonga

One more photo, in both color and B&W (SilverEfex Pro), from the Independence Mine.

The 24 TS-E lens has absolutely re-kindled my interest in using the Canon 5DS that I purchased last October. At that time it looked like both the 5DS & 5DSR were being discontinued in the near future and both cameras were priced at huge discounts. I bought the 5DS instead of the 5DSR only because the 5DSR was not available from my usual sources and I was concerned that they might have already been sold out. Now I see that the 5DS is officially discontinued and some 5DSRs are available. I am trying to decide whether to pick one up....if only to use with and get the most from this TS-E lens.

Gary

_MG_0130 RAW Indep Mine Bldg Cropped CLREfex P2048.jpg_MG_0130 RAW Indep Mine Bldg Cropped CLREfex-SEP P2048.jpg

Last edited:

huyu

Lovely colours, and an unusual angle. Is it taken from Diamond Plaza?
WOW! Have you been there? You know it so well. Yes, it was from Diamond Plaza, 13th floor, just outside of the cinema aka. smoking area
Also, it's now under the rehabilitation.

Thank you for liking :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
WOW! Have you been there? You know it so well. Yes, it was from Diamond Plaza, 13th floor, just outside of the cinema aka. smoking area
Also, it's now under the rehabilitation.

Thank you for liking :)
Normally, I travel to Vietnam many times per year due to my job, and HCMC is mostly the starting point. I've been to Diamond Plaza once, and found it a bit strange. Don't think I climbed as high as the 13th floor though. Apparently I should have. Next time...