The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

JoelM

First rendered photo post from the Kodak Retina IIIc ... This is a lovely 35mm camera to carry and shoot with!

The Chair by the Church - Santa Clara 2021
Kodak Retina IIIc + Schneider 50mm f/2
Ferrania P30 film
ISO 80 @ f/5.6 @ 1/250

enjoy!
G
I have a IIIc with lenses and love it. The meter is accurate and then lens is sharp. The film counter is a bit wonky though.
Joel

Godfrey

I have a IIIc with lenses and love it. The meter is accurate and then lens is sharp. The film counter is a bit wonky though.
Joel
As acquired, the meter on my IIIc was dead and the top cover was bashed so the accessory shoe doesn't point in the right direction. The Schneider Xenon 50/2 lens is excellent, as are the accessory 80 and 35 mm lenses.

I also have a couple of IIc cameras, one of which is off at the shop being serviced. I kinda prefer the IIc because I really don't need the meter at all, and it is a little cleaner and trimmer looking. I with it had the f/2 lens instead of f/2.8, that's all ... but I think I'm going to fit a clean IIc top cover to the IIIc so I can use the viewfinder for the 80 and 35 lenses properly, and won't have a dead meter to distract me. ;-)

G

chrism

I had to defrost the film freezer, and in the bottom where the powdered chemicals live, I found my stock of Diafine and Acufine. It will be hard to see so much of it in one place at one time since it has become impossible to find!
500c/m, Planar 80, small ext. tube, HP5+ @640, Diafine, Nikon 9000 scan:

Godfrey

Acufine was one of my favorite developers back in the day (1968 to 1977). :D
Haven't seen any in years and years. That's a fine memoriam image!

I've been using the same bottle of Kodak HC-110 concentrate for about a decade and a half now. I use it in a dilute concentration (1:49 from concentrate) to process at most three 35mm 36 shot rolls or two 120 rolls per mix. My tanks for these films use 200ml (35mm) and 250ml (120) total solution, so my developer use is very economical. Oh yes: I was also experimenting with HP5 exposed at EI 100 the other day. I did a solution of HC-110 Dilution H (1:61 from the concentrate) for 8 minutes, continuous agitation in a Rondix 35 tank, at 72° (room temperature). The negatives look great, I'm going to scan them tonight. :)

G

Godfrey

Ach! Love seeing these photos!

I've been shooting a lot ... 35mm with the Retina, 6x6 with the Perkeo II, and Polaroid with a variety of SX-70 variants... and scanning, but have been so busy elsewise I haven't had time to finish rendering the photos for posting. Things will lighten up soon, I hope. :)

G