The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Most quite Capture One release ever?

Not supporting v11 on Mojave yet? Seems like a ploy to get that upgrade money.
Yes, to recoup the R&D investment in making the program compatible with Apple's latest OS, and developing the demosaicing algorithms for new camera RAW files, not to mention adding new features and capabilities. Not sure why you think C1 should do this for free.

Last edited:

BenH

Well poop. I was ready to go the CaptureOne route until I read the system requirements on the downloadable .pdf for version 12. My MacPro can't be upgraded beyond 10.11.6.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Well poop. I was ready to go the CaptureOne route until I read the system requirements on the downloadable .pdf for version 12. My MacPro can't be upgraded beyond 10.11.6.
Is that because you have an OWC SSD?

BenH

Is that because you have an OWC SSD?
I don't believe so. It is a 2009 MacPro 4.1 and will only upgrade to 10.11.6. I know it is old, but I don't want to buy a new computer just yet. I have a MacBook Pro that will run the latest Mac OS, but I don't use it for photo editing.

I don't believe so. It is a 2009 MacPro 4.1 and will only upgrade to 10.11.6. I know it is old, but I don't want to buy a new computer just yet. I have a MacBook Pro that will run the latest Mac OS, but I don't use it for photo editing.
What is the latest version of LR you are able to run?

DougDolde

I guess I should upgrade to Mojave if it's working ok. Not feeling the
urge to shell out 150 bucks now.... someday

f8orbust

$149 to update from v11 to v12...[/email].
Ok, so I'm being quoted £149 (being in the UK) = $190 - $200 (depending on exchange rates).

Why don't P1 just use a single currency for their software pricing, rather than introduce their own exchange rate and make money out of it ? Since oil is already priced in $US (what a racket :p), how about we use £UK for C1 ? Fair's fair.

For (potential) new buyers reading this, maybe it's time to subscribe, rather than own ? Oddly, over a 5 year period the cost in the UK is identical (300 + 4 x 150 vs. 5 x 180); strange that P1 don't financially incentivize the subscription model in any way.

For me I'm gonna use C1 v12 for all my P1 files, and stay with v11 for everything else.

Jim

PeterA

I've been testing C1 (again) V LR for a few months - incentivised greatly because of GFX support - I think C1 is an excellent piece of software and the latest announced upgrades ( especially the luminance masking) are very welcome. The only thing that is missing IMO is a LR quality DAM capability - and it is a big missing tbh - but I like C1 enough to be putting in a lot of thought of an optimal workflow incorporating LR as a 'banking' type facility for finished files C1---PS----LR. I wonder with the dropping of media pro - wether this might signal a future upfraded DAM capability being develope din C1 - I certainly hope so.

Phase V

I am on Windows 7 and the luminance mask is not working for me,
it does not show any color. It sure does something, because if you paint in
with the brush there seems to be something already masked out.
Something missing here, does the color of the luminance mask
needed to be set up first?

JaapD

I am on Windows 7 and the luminance mask is not working for me,
it does not show any color. It sure does something, because if you paint in
with the brush there seems to be something already masked out.
Something missing here, does the color of the luminance mask
needed to be set up first?

There is a checkbox that you need to apply, only then the mask is presented in red.

Regards,
Jaap.

Phase V

There is a checkbox that you need to apply, only then the mask is presented in red.

Regards,
Jaap.
I do know about the checkbox, but that does not solve the problem, the mask
color is not showing up, anybody else here on Windows who can give it a try?

JeRuFo

Ok, so I'm being quoted £149 (being in the UK) = $190 - $200 (depending on exchange rates).

Why don't P1 just use a single currency for their software pricing, rather than introduce their own exchange rate and make money out of it ? Since oil is already priced in $US (what a racket :p), how about we use £UK for C1 ? Fair's fair.

For (potential) new buyers reading this, maybe it's time to subscribe, rather than own ? Oddly, over a 5 year period the cost in the UK is identical (300 + 4 x 150 vs. 5 x 180); strange that P1 don't financially incentivize the subscription model in any way.

For me I'm gonna use C1 v12 for all my P1 files, and stay with v11 for everything else.

Jim
Seems like a perfect time to link all your prices globally to the value of the pound...

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I do know about the checkbox, but that does not solve the problem, the mask
color is not showing up, anybody else here on Windows who can give it a try?
Luma masking is a modification of the current mask. Maybe you have an empty mask set? In that case you'd be restraining the empty mask to a luminance range, which will still mean the mask is empty.

Phase V

Luma masking is a modification of the current mask. Maybe you have an empty mask set? In that case you'd be restraining the empty mask to a luminance range, which will still mean the mask is empty.
OK, problem solved, need to apply the mask first and then use the luminance
slider, next time i should first watch some tutorial videos.
Thank´s for helping.

Funny how that works out. Nevertheless, offering a one time sale makes good business sense. A lot of people don't like the idea of a subscription service regardless of whether the cost is the same or not.

Mexecutioner

You could flash your machine to a 5,1 which would allow 10.12.6 and above

Pemihan

I'm experiencing a painfully slow start up in comparison with v.11. Anyone else experiencing this?
Does v.12 needs to rebuild all previews?