The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

P. Chong

Capital Spring in Singapore. Photographed with the max front rise possible on the Alpa 12 Plus with Alpagon/Rodenstock HR 4.0.32mm lens. This is less than the 20mm rise possible for the Plus, but limited because probably the lens rear element is in contact with some part of the body, and 10mm is the max possible. Wish I could go higher...more building, less road. But maybe with a smaller lens. Phase One IQ4 150 back.

capitaspring.jpg

abscha

… This is less than the 20mm rise possible for the Plus, but limited because probably the lens rear element is in contact with some part of the body, and 10mm is the max possible. Wish I could go higher...more building, less road. But maybe with a smaller lens. …
Very beautiful image.
On my Max, shifting with the SK 28XL is also mechanically limited.
I can shift more if I mount the digiback at the front and the lens at the rear of the camera.

P. Chong

Actually I just discovered while playing around the camera to try out abscha’s hack, that I don’t really need to swap positions of the lens and back to get the max rise. I can just move the spacer from the back to the the front, behind the lens, and I have full movement on the Plus. Mea culpa. Silly of me, I know.

P. Chong

Went back to reshoot the CapitaSpring building - 51 stories, 280m tall. From a further vantage point than the earlier photograph, and with 20mm front rise on the Alpa 12. I know, the Rodenstock HR32 is recommended for max 16mm rise, as per Rodenstock recommendation. But I exposed an LCC and use that to even out most of the rather hard vignette. Still needed to clone out the extreme corners.

The colours were warmer due to the time of day. This was mid afternoon. Same Alpa 12 Plus with Alpagon/Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 4.0/32 in X-shutter and Phase One IQ$ 150 back.

capitaspring-pm.jpg

Greg Haag

A beautiful sunset this evening, but this is as close as I got to photographing it. I love shooting sunsets with the technical camera, but sometimes it can be a real conversation piece with people stopping by to ask about it. I got to visit with a lovely couple for about 20 minutes tonight, it just happened to be right at sunset, but I would have not wanted to miss getting to meet them.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 32mm
Beach Sunset 20230507.jpg

Last edited:

Greg Haag

One more for now…didn’t quite get “the” tunnel view shot I was after but that’s ok. Didn’t count on the weather being 75 degrees without a cloud in the sky - made for a lovely vacation but not so much for dramatic landscape pics.

IQ4 150 Achromatic/STC/70HR/orange filter maybe?
View attachment 203498
I love your acromatic Yosemite series Todd!

tcdeveau

I love your acromatic Yosemite series Todd!
Thanks Greg! It was my first trip there and it’s a pretty magical place. Had hoped to venture out and shoot more than I did but a lot of the higher elevation stuff was closed because of the snowpack, and the temps were in the 70s to low 80s, so a good bit of the valley was flooded. I just graduated law school too and we headed off the next day, so it also was nice to just sit back and relax without our toddlers or an agenda after 4 years of full-time work/part-time school while trying to husband and parent two toddlers at the same time :)

Greg Haag

Thanks Greg! It was my first trip there and it’s a pretty magical place. Had hoped to venture out and shoot more than I did but a lot of the higher elevation stuff was closed because of the snowpack, and the temps were in the 70s to low 80s, so a good bit of the valley was flooded. I just graduated law school too and we headed off the next day, so it also was nice to just sit back and relax without our toddlers or an agenda after 4 years of full-time work/part-time school while trying to husband and parent two toddlers at the same time :)
What a great way to celebrate finishing law school, congratulations! You have had a hard 4 years working full-time with a family and getting thru law school! My daughter and her husband met in law school and just finished their tax llm and we are currently in the process of moving them back from Washington, they are so glad to be done with school.

GeorgeBo

a quick shot from a field in Wisconsin. Forgot that wandering is now called trespassing... and had to move on...
3100 and 60mmxl.
Yep, I stopped on the side of the road a couple of weeks back to shoot some old abandoned cars beside a gas station/shop that has been closed for decades. I was immediately challenged by someone across the road. Had to assume the owner. I decided to not push my luck these days and knew not to even attempt in a civil conversation based on the immediate actions and tone from that individual. Just got in my car and moved along. :rolleyes:

So now I want to really know what is in that building ;)