The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

anwarp

SalisburyCathedral_001.jpg

SalisburyCathedral_002.jpg

Salisbury Cathedral, England (tallest spire in the country today at 123m). Incredibly, the foundations are just 1.2m deep - that's the level of the water table!

These have been taken on a Cambo Actus - IQ4 150 + sk 35 (f11) - maximum rear drop to get the top of the spire.
The upper section was very vignetted, but the LCC has done a reasonable job. With hindsight, I should have tilted the camera and corrected in post.

But since I went out that morning with the Actus (and not the XF), I had to use shift!

Anwar

bab

Love the cloud pattern in the sky they could be use to add some dimensionality to the image!

Greg Haag

We are just back from a trip around the southeast coast of New Zealand's South Island, where I took this on a stormy night at the iconic Nugget Point. Its a flat stitch of three portrait orientation HDR images taken with a GFX 50SII, Arca-Swiss F-Universalis, and Mamiya RZ 50mm ULD - horizontal shift of 15mm either side of centre. Processing was in Nik HDR Efex, LR and PS. After an initial alignment issue with the F-Universalis, which Arca-Swiss were fantastic at addressing, this combination is now performing very well for me, so well in fact that two of my GF lenses are now for sale on my behalf at our local camera store.

John

https://flic.kr/p/2p5H1R6
Beautiful image John, thanks for sharing!

huyu

Hi guys, I'm still wondering -- How do you deal with CCD back on a tech cam?

Planning to get a (used) WRC-400 to pair with my IQ380...

anyone

I use a Hasselblad ground glass and a loupe on my Cambo. It wouldn't be really needed for focussing, but I like to compose on the ground glass. Scale focussing works well (enough) most of the times for landscape.

diggles

Here are a few tech cam images from my recent trip to Kebler Pass in Colorado and the PNW. All of these images were made with the IQ4150. The 120 ASPH lens was used for the Aspen and Red Alder images. I had both the 120 ASPH and 60XL with me on both trips, but I don't remember which lens was used for the Sitka Spruce forest image.

The Aspen image is a single exposure, the Red Alder is a two image vertical left right stitch, and the Sitka Spruce picture is a single image cropped to 16x9– I'm really starting to like the 16x9 format.

Aspen Trees in Fog by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Red Alder Grove by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Sitka Spruce Grove by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

vjbelle

These Leatherleaf Mahonia grow throughout my property but this is the only one that decided to add some color. The leaves are thick and have ultra sharp needles at the ends that can cause a lot of pain. A little holiday color....

Fuji 100 II, AS M-Two, Rody 90mm @ f5.6, 25mm of fall.

Victor B.

_DSF1024_2.jpg

John Leathwick

Here are a few tech cam images from my recent trip to Kebler Pass in Colorado and the PNW. All of these images were made with the IQ4150. The 120 ASPH lens was used for the Aspen and Red Alder images. I had both the 120 ASPH and 60XL with me on both trips, but I don't remember which lens was used for the Sitka Spruce forest image.

The Aspen image is a single exposure, the Red Alder is a two image vertical left right stitch, and the Sitka Spruce picture is a single image cropped to 16x9– I'm really starting to like the 16x9 format.

Aspen Trees in Fog by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Red Alder Grove by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Sitka Spruce Grove by Warren Diggles, on Flickr
That aspen image would make a gorgeous large print - love the subtilty of tone in it...

John

diggles

I forgot to add this image from Kebler Pass in my previous post. My first attempt at processing this image was a multiple hour ordeal and I was unhappy with the results. This version was complete in about 30 minutes and it seems to represent what I saw pretty well. Usually, when processing takes longer than an hour that means I am just making it look worse. I need to remind myself to walk away when that is happening, just walk away…

Cambo WRS 1600 + IQ4 150 + 120 ASPH (2 image horizontal +/- 20mm stitch cropped to 16x9)
Fall Aspen Trees and Ferns by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

vjbelle

Warren.... I've never been to that area but it sure is on my to go places to photograph. It's always difficult to find the good locations on my own and appreciate your posting the images plus the locations....

Victor B.

diggles

Warren.... I've never been to that area but it sure is on my to go places to photograph. It's always difficult to find the good locations on my own and appreciate your posting the images plus the locations....

Victor B.
If you are looking for aspen trees in the fall then Kebler Pass is a great option. Even though fall is a busy time of year, there was still a lot of dispersed camping available. If you prefer a hotel, Crested Butte is close.