The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

diggles

One of the fascinating aspects of driving through Norway is the rest areas along their scenic routes. During our trip planning, we discovered that Norway is famous for its idyllic public restrooms! Who would have thought? Naturally, I wanted to photograph them. Since it was a trip with our moms, I didn’t want to make them wait while I photographed every rest area we passed, so I had to pick my moments. To improve my chances of everyone wanting to stop, I jokingly encouraged everyone to drink plenty of water.

Arca Swiss Rm3di + HBLD CFV 100C + Digaron 70HR (in camera crop mode)
2024-05-16-B02299.jpg by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Arca Swiss Rm3di + HBLD CFV 100C + Digaron 50HR (in camera crop mode)
Espenes Rest Area Norway by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Arca Swiss Rm3di + HBLD CFV 100C + Digaron 50HR

diggles

An office building in Bergen stands next to traditional Norwegian wooden houses.

It's rare for me to make an image like this where cars and people are perfectly positioned all at once. So, I took multiple shots of the same scene, picked the ones where people were in a nice stride and cars were where I wanted, and blended them together in Photoshop.

Arca Swiss Rm3di + HBLD CFV 100C + Rodenstock 50HR (about 15mm of camera fall)
Office Building in Bergen Norway by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

One of the fascinating aspects of driving through Norway is the rest areas along their scenic routes. During our trip planning, we discovered that Norway is famous for its idyllic public restrooms! Who would have thought? Naturally, I wanted to photograph them. Since it was a trip with our moms, I didn’t want to make them wait while I photographed every rest area we passed, so I had to pick my moments. To improve my chances of everyone wanting to stop, I jokingly encouraged everyone to drink plenty of water.

Warren,
These are sensational- thank you for sharing!
Are these shot with electronic shutter or copal?

corvus

This is great both architecturally and photographically!

Fredrick

An office building in Bergen stands next to traditional Norwegian wooden houses.

It's rare for me to make an image like this where cars and people are perfectly positioned all at once. So, I took multiple shots of the same scene, picked the ones where people were in a nice stride and cars were where I wanted, and blended them together in Photoshop.

Very good! I happen to live here, and this is a very good photo, especially from that angle.

Fredrick

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked the photo. Visiting Bergen and Norway was an incredible experience. The country is beautiful, and the people are so nice and welcoming. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.
It is a most wonderful town! I’m glad you enjoyed it here! Be sure to come back! There are some quite amazing locations, for example, Tindevegen; just a short drive away. I know you would have a great time there!

John Leathwick

I took this yesterday as a test of the closeup ability of the Mamiya RZ Macro 140mm, using a newly acquired extension rail and longer bellows for my F-Universalis. This is a stack of 40 images taken with a GFX 100s under a dark forest canopy at ISO 640 with an aperture of F/8, and with maximum forward tilt to angle the focus plane across the subject. The largest of the toadstools is around 6mm across so this is effectively shot at 1:1. Images were combined in Zerene Stacker, with the stacked image finished in PS.

-John

Craigieburn-ToadstallStacked.jpg

diggles

I took this yesterday as a test of the closeup ability of the Mamiya RZ Macro 140mm, using a newly acquired extension rail and longer bellows for my F-Universalis. This is a stack of 40 images taken with a GFX 100s under a dark forest canopy at ISO 640 with an aperture of F/8, and with maximum forward tilt to angle the focus plane across the subject. The largest of the toadstools is around 6mm across so this is effectively shot at 1:1. Images were combined in Zerene Stacker, with the stacked image finished in PS.

-John

View attachment 213511
That is really cool John!

John Leathwick

That is really cool John!
Thanks Warren. The only drawback for me with the RZ 140 is its weight - nearly 1.5x that of my four light-weight lenses combined. Given its manually adjusted floating element, it also delivers very well as a landscape lens.

Last edited:

John Leathwick

Here's a contrasting image to my previous one - montane Nothofagus forest at the treeline in the dry mountains of the eastern South Island (NZ). This is a stitch of two images taken with an Arsat 30mm fisheye, flat stitched in LR, and then de-fished using the adaptive wide angle filter in PS. Lateral shifts of +/- c. 8m mean that the two images together have an angle of view equivalent to a 23mm lens, but I've cropped a little here. The central sharpness is everything I could hope for, but the corners require generous sharpening to be acceptable, so its 'not the sharpest knife in the drawer' but still very useful when in a tight spot like this.

-JohnCraigieburn ridge forest.jpg

vjbelle

Very Nice, Warren. The mighty Rody 50mm (y)

Victor B.

diggles

Thanks Warren. The only drawback for me with the RZ 140 is its weight - nearly 1.5x that of my four light-weight lenses combined. Given its manually adjusted floating element, it also delivers very well as a landscape lens.
I hear you! Those larger lenses can be a bit cumbersome, but they're so enjoyable to use that it’s hard to resist taking them along.

John Leathwick

I hear you! Those larger lenses can be a bit cumbersome, but they're so enjoyable to use that it’s hard to resist taking them along.
Warren, I did some more shooting today to compare the Mamiya RZ Macro 140mm with my much lighter Fujinon EX 105mm and Schneider Apo Componon 90mm HR, and it flushed out an interesting additional consideration. Because the focal length of the RZ 140mm is so much longer than its flange distance, using tilts or swings throws the image around quite drastically so that re-composition is always required. By contrast, the two much simpler lenses hold the image composition beautifully with just the focus plane changing, making them much easier to use. They're also around a quarter of the weight or less, and if I put up the three images without labels, I doubt that anyone would pick which are which...

-John

Whisp3r

0001-P0005106-Edit-Melvinkobe-Photography.jpg

Arca-Swiss RM3di + IQ4 150 + Sinaron 90HR with a lot of movements (+9mm R-shift, +20mm rise). Shot around 14:30.

Belgian Brutalism, seventies. This is the faculty of economics in Ghent, Belgium. Arch. Raoul J. Brunswyck & Odon Wathelet, who studied architecture together in the forties and found themselves joining forces in the sixties and after. One of the fruits from this collaboration, this particular building (erected in the seventies), today stands as a fine example of Belgian brutalistic architecture.

P. Chong

Love this! big fan of brutalist architecture.

View attachment 213614

Arca-Swiss RM3di + IQ4 150 + Sinaron 90HR with a lot of movements (+9mm R-shift, +20mm rise). Shot around 14:30.

Belgian Brutalism, seventies. This is the faculty of economics in Ghent, Belgium. Arch. Raoul J. Brunswyck & Odon Wathelet, who studied architecture together in the forties and found themselves joining forces in the sixties and after. One of the fruits from this collaboration, this particular building (erected in the seventies), today stands as a fine example of Belgian brutalistic architecture.