The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

citizin

Went out to our only provincial park on the solstice yesterday. It looks like everyone else is getting snow, so we'll be patiently waiting for it. Shot handheld on an H3DII50 @ 800iso, the old boss is still a performer.

If you look close, she's also carrying the pair to the Hasselblad. :)

f6cvalkyrie

Went out to our only provincial park on the solstice yesterday. It looks like everyone else is getting snow, so we'll be patiently waiting for it. Shot handheld on an H3DII50 @ 800iso, the old boss is still a performer.

If you look close, she's also carrying the pair to the Hasselblad. :)
I can't see the pic ???
C U,
Rafael

SahotaR

My first ever camera, the 'baby' Rolliflex given to me by my father in 1977. He used it from 1955 till late 60's for most of our family photos.

This image taken with DF+ 25P

dave.gt

My first ever camera, the 'baby' Rolliflex given to me by my father in 1977. He used it from 1955 till late 60's for most of our family photos.

This image taken with DF+ 25P

Beautiful! Looks like I have at least one of the brothers of your Baby Rolleiflex! I posted it here some time ago.:) they are beautiful, and so tiny!!!

I wish I had been given one from my father years ago, but I have had mine for a year. And now, after receiving enough new 127 film (three 50' rolls), I need to get started shooting... a lot!

Lately, I have been shooting 120 slide film and 35mm Ektachrome. It is time to get back to 4x4 and the HP5+ 400 film is perfect for what I have in mind. Thanks for the posting and nudging me in the BR direction!:thumbup:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
My very first MF Camera was also a grey ROLLEICORD , but a 6x6 . I can still remember what it cost .
Three years later , hiking on the "dunes of pilat" in France a rather heavy sandstorm came up and I could not protect the camera fast enough . The sand was so fine that it went into all possible slits .
The camera could not be repaired and saved . So looking at that 4x4 beauty causes me some melancholy feelings .

dave.gt

Ouch! :( Jürgen,

That is awful news (even if long ago) to hear and I am sure you miss the times you were using the 6x6.

The Rolleiflex TLR in every form and model over the years has always been a great piece of art in itself, much like the Hasselblad 500 series. Pure classic designs.

My BR, identical to the one above, has the same footprint as my iPhone5!!! Yet, the images are larger than my 35mm. I keep the BR in a Hadley Pro bag and it is so small and light that I forget it is in there.

No need to post images again but as soon as I find the time and energy, I will post some new ones. Hopefully soon!:):):)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Just to put Sahota's beautiful image of his Baby Rolleiflex in context, here is an image from a few days ago using my old Leica. The sheer size of my MF cameras prohibit me from taking any of them just anywhere. While this snapshot at lunch in a local pub is not nearly as detailed as a MF image, it does put Sahota's beautiful camera in perspective both in size and casual use, as in carrying a camera with you anytime.

The X1D would have been a good choice to shoot this if I had one, but sometimes even a Medium Format addict like me has to compromise.:)

BR and Coca Cola Glass (Color) FINAL.jpg

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Jürgen , Jürgen , take care . DANTE is around the corner , ready to see you .
He holds a 2,8 PLANAR ROLLEI in his hands . Ohhh , i must close my eyes .

Merry X-MAS to all getdpi members and a happy and peaceful NEW YEAR 2019 .

Status
Not open for further replies.