Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Read at Your Own Risk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Read at Your Own Risk

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Graham you have a issue with Michael please take it to his place. I just think it is not fair to the members here about someone else that is not a member here to defend himself on this forum. Thanks I would appreciate this
    Guy, I respectfully disagree. I am not criticising a forum member, I am criticising an author. Michael published those comments in an article, not a forum, and there is no opportunity to add a correction to an article myself (unlike a forum post). My criticism is no different to people criticising articles by Ken Rockwell, Erwin Puts, etc, and that certainly happens a lot, and with good reason.

I can't help feeling that if an article had falsely stated that Hasselblad or Mamiya was out of business, this forum would be a lot noisier right now.

If "you-know-what" is too strong a term for this forum then I apologize

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by foto-z View Post
    I never said they were.
    More out of context quotes ... give it up already ... the horse has been beaten to death, ground up for dog food, which the dog ate and then fertilized the pasture where the next horse fattened up ... only to be beaten to death by you again ...

Moving on now ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

graham, you had good reason, as I did, to be tweaked by MR's comments in his p65+ review..but the thing is you didn't just mention the slight on F&H, you went on and on about it..grinding an axe comes to mind.. so I think when you finally called him a " ", it gave the powers to be here a specific line-crossing to slap your wrist.. I enjoy reading your take on things but feel you need to take the chill pill on it now.. You do make a good point and I agree that we should be able to crit a review here and not feel like the overseerers are going to protect their equals on another board..MR is more than capable to post a defense if he wants, live by the sword die by the sword.
    I hope this place remains both friendly and yet maintains an edge of the critical. We all have our favorites, I picked a platform/system that I felt was the best, we all do that so by nature we are not purely objective.. I do get tired of reading the pushing of ones own preferences both here and on L.L., and now that so many reps are chiming in as well as those that aren't official reps but come off sounding like it. I hope in this forum we can call a spade a spade and let the chips fall where they fall.