The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon FM2

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I am unfortunately not a candidate for this year. My daughter is getting married in July, and I am now older and dealing with some "old man" health issues I have to get taken care of after that. Maybe next spring?
Congratulations with your daughter, Jack. My daughter is getting married in June. I'll go to Norway then, but no time for Copenhagen during that visit. I'm back in Scandinavia in August, and could make the trip then, but I'm all for next spring.

Health issues? Either I'm alive or I'm not. For the time being, I'm alive :)

Swissblad

Jack, Jørgen - congrats on your daughters - a part of life I missed out on.

I have my own health issues - but - if we can get together next spring - count me in!

Take care folks.

:thumbup:

Thorkil

I am unfortunately not a candidate for this year. My daughter is getting married in July, and I am now older and dealing with some "old man" health issues I have to get taken care of after that. Maybe next spring?
congrats Jack and Jørgen!...we can take care of you, Jack (but remember the green bottle fra the Fun..thread!)....well at least look after that you don't get unhealthy much of whisky ;)
Shall Steen and I reserve Admiral hotel for you all?...:shocked::shocked::rolleyes:

https://admiralhotel.dk/en/

...then there is only a few meters walk from Nyhavn to your bed's:toocool:
But I know where you/we have to eat...(a mini-Noma at a less than a fraction-cost - even though it's on the other side of the central-town...but if you Jack and Rayyan cant keep the pace, then there are several small places on the road, I'm sure, Steen and I want you to see and take a rest at)

Thorkil

rayyan

congratulations Jack and Jorgen. Hope the couples have a wonderful life together.

Best regards to you all.

p.s Thorkil, walking involved? :shocked:
last time I was there, there were cabs!!

Thorkil

p.s Thorkil, walking involved? :shocked:
last time I was there, there were cabs!!
;) Yes a lot of walking, Rayyan...;)...no just some small walking, and yes there should be cabs available,
if it get seriously, we can either plan, or take it as it goes :)
and by the way I have to ask Steen if he is in.. but I am...
Thorkil

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

(...) Maybe next spring?

deal :thumbup:
then I'll take your Samyang, I have no full-frame fridge optic :lecture:
and maybe I'll take your D810 as well, if in the meantime you've acquired the new D850
:shocked:

© • click for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mmD f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM at 10mm • 1/30 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
But I know where you/we have to eat...(a mini-Noma at a less than a fraction-cost - even though it's on the other side of the central-town...
Is that the one across the river and you eat upstairs? Simple space, but excellent food? I forget the name, but the food was outstanding! (Not that real expensive one on the river that you need a year advance reservation.)

Thorkil

Is that the one across the river and you eat upstairs? Simple space, but excellent food? I forget the name, but the food was outstanding! (Not that real expensive one on the river that you need a year advance reservation.)
No it is this one :), Jack:
http://hostvakst.dk/host/?lang=en
at Nörre Farimagsgade/Ahlefeldtsgade I havn't tasted anything like this in my entire life, but ok, I'm not doing that much at restaurants...
Can you remember the other one?
Or have you got an idea Steen?
Perhaps Kroghs Fiskerestaurant? where you eat fish? http://krogs.dk/welcome/

Thorkil

the worldfamous one you was thinking of Jack was Noma. But its closed and they have gone to Mexico, on their way to inspiration before they will open a new restaurant in Copenhagen some time
http://noma.dk/

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Well it really doesn't matter because I'm good with eating almost anywhere in Copenhagen! Seriously, I ate at a dozen or so different restaurants and 3 or 4 of the open-air restaurants right on the river in Nyhavn, and ALL were outstanding :) Heck, the restaurant at the Admiral was great too!!!

Thorkil

Well it really doesn't matter because I'm good with eating almost anywhere in Copenhagen! Seriously, I ate at a dozen or so different restaurants and 3 or 4 of the open-air restaurants right on the river in Nyhavn, and ALL were outstanding :) Heck, the restaurant at the Admiral was great too!!!
:) yes I do think most of them are good. Noma and the new nordic food culture has forced them to do their best if they shouldn't be left in the slipstream...
thorkil

rayyan

But I could not find a gourmet shawarma with camel's meat!! Nor decent falafels. Deal breakers for me :D

Thorkil

Not that many camels, only healthy cow's, pig's (not all that healthy, but some of them ecological) chicken, some fish and vegetables, and then the fresh air, Rayyan....you will get slim by the danish air :)

V

Vivek

My problems are much worse: no meat, no scotch and no Nikon! :bugeyes:

Would love to visit Copenhagen though.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My problems are much worse: no meat, no scotch and no Nikon! :bugeyes:

Would love to visit Copenhagen though.
I do think they allow people without a Nikon into Denmark. As for the diet, Danes are rather tolerant, as are most getdpi members :)

V

Vivek

I still have lots of Nikon accs to give away. Btw, i do use quite a few Nikon lenses.

The UV-Nikkor 105/4.5 is one of them.

Also, becasue of the past association, i tolerate Nikon maniacs as well. :)

Thorkil

I think the comity will be tolerant, even though I don’t know where or whom it is, but if Steen and I, as natives, are born members I think we will be rather tolerant (even though 8-10 Df’es with their proud owners smiling behind at the dinner table, could be worth a picture or two…with the camel in the background of course...smiling too)
:rolleyes: