The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fat pixel digital backs

MartinN

Well, in tradition christmas gifts should be opened tonight and not in the morning, but I could not help myself.
My christmas gift is a Leaf Aptus 17, cheap, but it works !!!

Faith, hope and love in reversed order... So meant for the indoor people.

Mamiya 645 AFDII, Mamiya 80mm macro f4

It's all about December 24th, but a great weather for a photowalk with the christmas gift. (And warm clothes)

Last edited:

MartinN

BTW I tested the old battery and got 50 exposures, but then showing red. The weather was about -5 C and processing was in LEAF Raw converter (which does some magic, unknown) and then the .mos files were processable in Lightroom 3. Whew. Without the first step Lightroom did not read the .mos.

MartinN

Testing a Mamiya 35mm AF lens, and my Aptus 17 loves sunshine, at least handheld.

However, the Leaf has crop factor, and the 35 no shift. Here I have not used Photoshop perspective correction,
files are from Leaf Raw Converter and Lightroom 3.

So, no crop and shift would be nice. The crop thing is already addressed... but not the shift thing. That would be, expensive ....

B L

Testing a Mamiya 35mm AF lens, and my Aptus 17 loves sunshine, at least handheld.

However, the Leaf has crop factor, and the 35 no shift. Here I have not used Photoshop perspective correction,
files are from Leaf Raw Converter and Lightroom 3.

So, no crop and shift would be nice. The crop thing is already addressed... but not the shift thing. That would be, expensive ....
Longlasting fat pixel backs and so is Yaris !

MartinN

Longlasting fat pixel backs and so is Yaris !
This Aptus 17 apparently has been serviced when it still was allowed. Because the date/time clock works perfectly.
My newest back, a Aptus II has defect battery and resets to 1.1.1980 00:00, not so nice, but I think I won’t risk opening.
The inconvenience for a non pro is small. But it was a design miss to use batteries that have to be changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: B L

MartinN

Can't speak to all brands/makes models but for Phase One and Leaf:
H20
H25
P20
P20+
P21
P21+
P25
P25+
Valeo 11
Valeo 17
Valeo 22
Valeo 17wi
Valeo 22wi
Aptus 54s
Aptus 17wi
Aptus 22wi
Aptus II 5
AFI 5

From broad experience but no specific statistics I think the most common to find today would be: H25, P25, P25+, Valeo 22wi, Aptus 22, Aptus II 5.
I messed this criterion for fat a few pages back.

buildbot

I messed this criterion for fat a few pages back.
To add a few non Phase/Mamiya/Leaf

Sinar emotion22 / 54 (same back different name)
Sinar 54M / 54MC
Sinar 54H / 54S
Jenoptik M22
Dicomed bigshot
Kodak DCS pro back
Hasselblad CFV16
Hasselblad / Imacon 132c and 528c
Hasselblad / Imacon ixpress
Hasselblad H2d-22

Generally anything with 22MP 645 or 16mp square will be 9um pixels.