The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

The town of Malte, near the city of Dippoldiswalde in the state of Saxony, Germany is a quaint little town. The town is served by roads (of course! This is Germany where the automobile is supreme), but also by a narrow guage railway, running from Dresden to Altenberg. The railway rails are 750mm.

The Weisseritz Valley railway, as it is known is drawn by steam locomotives, and run regularly. Photographed circa 2010.

Hasselblad H3D-39 HCD 4/28.

IMG_1248.jpeg

Ed Hurst

Sydney's Vivid festival certainly produces some remarkable conditions...

Here we see the Harbour Bridge, Opera House, CBD and Barrangaroo seen from Blues Point.

Fuji GFX100S and Laowa 20mm - pano created with 2-shot horizontal shift. Each position in the shifting process shot several times to capture sky, light beams and bridge illumination.

Vivid Sydney 2023 by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

Last edited:

diggles

Just got back from a trip to Hawai'i and not ready to spend all day working yet. Here are two images of Onomea Waterfalls in the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden. The sun was going in an out of the clouds and other people wanted see the waterfalls as well so I had to stay about 45 minutes to get a handful of different viewpoints and focal lengths.

These are my favorite two that were taken from basically the same spot. I keep going back and forth on the focal length I prefer. Even though I bracketed to be sure, these are both from a single exposure.

Fuji GFX100S - GF 20-35 @ 28.6mm and f/16 for .5 seconds
Onomea Waterfalls 01 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Fuji GFX100S - GF 45-100 @ 52.9mm and f/16 for 2.5 seconds
Onomea Waterfalls 02 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

jng

Just got back from a trip to Hawai'i and not ready to spend all day working yet. Here are two images of Onomea Waterfalls in the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden. The sun was going in an out of the clouds and other people wanted see the waterfalls as well so I had to stay about 45 minutes to get a handful of different viewpoints and focal lengths.

These are my favorite two that were taken from basically the same spot. I keep going back and forth on the focal length I prefer. Even though I bracketed to be sure, these are both from a single exposure.

Fuji GFX100S - GF 20-35 @ 28.6mm and f/16 for .5 seconds
Onomea Waterfalls 01 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Fuji GFX100S - GF 45-100 @ 52.9mm and f/16 for 2.5 seconds
Onomea Waterfalls 02 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr
These are both beautiful, Warren! One would never know that you were standing amidst throngs of tourists to capture this scene.

The first (wider) image really speaks to me. I like how the light peeks out from the gap above the top falls - it provides a starting point from which the eye can follow down the meandering path of the water. I also like the soft light on the ferns and other foliage in the foreground. And your exposure timing perfectly captures the movement of the water. But again, both images are lovely. Well done!

John

Ed Hurst

Another side to Sydney's Vivid festival, this time within the disused tram tunnels running from the Sydney Harbour Bridge to Wynyard. I've wanted to get down here since I first moved to Australia (13 years ago) and finally have the chance, albeit with crowds and crazy lighting!

All with Fuji GFX100S and Pentax 645 28-45mm lens. Some hand-held with high ISO and IBIS; others with mini-tripod (not permitted, but hey!) and still pretty high ISO to allow short enough shutter speeds to capture the changing light.

drevil

Staff member
Another side to Sydney's Vivid festival, this time within the disused tram tunnels running from the Sydney Harbour Bridge to Wynyard. I've wanted to get down here since I first moved to Australia (13 years ago) and finally have the chance, albeit with crowds and crazy lighting!

All with Fuji GFX100S and Pentax 645 28-45mm lens. Some hand-held with high ISO and IBIS; others with mini-tripod (not permitted, but hey!) and still pretty high ISO to allow short enough shutter speeds to capture the changing light.

daring are we? i wouldnt risk my sensor with this kind of condition.

nice results nonetheless

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Not sure I understand... How was it risking the sensor? :)
Didn’t watch the video, so I may be repeating. If you focus at infinity, a laser will hit your sensor (or retina!) at a point. All those parallel rays. So that much light at a point is MUCH brighter than the sun and will destroy whatever it focuses on.

tsjanik

Agree Matt, I'd be much more concerned about my eyes. Presumably, the display was designed in such a way as to prevent direct viewing of the laser; I say this despite the bright spots appearing in Ed's shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.