The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

drevil

Staff member

Finished my second tour through the alps today, it was roughly 8 hours and 400km on the road, i saw so many incredible sights.
And even though the day started very cloudy and even with rain during the arrival in the mountains, the weather gradually became better and even sunny here and there. can wait for the next time. since its gonna be the swiss national day on tuesday, who knows, maybe the third tour will come quicker than expected

contax 645 with P65+
a bit additional info on that dam picture

steveash

I just wanted to say how nice it is as a relative unknown here, to get so many likes on my first photo post. Probably more than I’d get on Instagram and a far more discerning crowd! Thank you.

drevil

Staff member

I celebrated the world photography day with a drive to a new location in switzerland, its the oeschinersee(lake) around one hour south of the capital Bern.
when arriving i had a hard time finding a parking place but it worked out and i took the gondola up, a fairly short ride of like 5 minutes.
another 15minutes of walking and i saw this incredibly beautiful scenery in front of me, unfortunately lots of people at the beach side, though i managed to keep them out of the image.

I will definitely have to come again as there is a mountain cabin another 2 hours hike away, with beautiful views and i will go there and stay a night or two.
And in winter i need to come again as well, to see the lake frozen, fingers crossed

contax645 with 35mm for the single shot and 120mm makro for the stitched pano

pesto

I just revisited these images which were shot a few years ago while traveling with a group in Tuscany. As I was the only participant who was interested in this beautiful little old Romanesque church I had to escape from the herd to capture these. This 12th century church, the Pieve di Corsignano, sits just outside Pienza Italy. It is historically significant in that Popes Pius II and III were baptized here and is truly beautiful in and of itself. I find the iconography over the doorway especially interesting.

Fuji GFX 100 with 110 and 24mm Lenses

Flame.jpgFlame 5.jpgFlame 6.jpgFlame 1.jpgFlame 3.jpg

pegelli

I just revisited these images which were shot a few years ago while traveling with a group in Tuscany. As I was the only participant who was interested in this beautiful little old Romanesque church I had to escape from the herd to capture these. This 12th century church, the Pieve di Corsignano, sits just outside Pienza Italy. It is historically significant in that Popes Pius II and III were baptized here and is truly beautiful in and of itself. I find the iconography over the doorway especially interesting.
Thanks for sharing this beautiful series, it brings back good memories from the photo-workshop I attended in Toscane in May 2016 when I also managed to spend a brief moment exploring this beautiful old church. The workshop leader and the other participants were't too interested in the church and quickly passed it on the way to take photo's at the "Gladiator Road" just beyond the church (or the road where some scenes of the film Gladiator were filmed). I stopped at that spot a little sooner than the rest, went back and spent about 10 minutes at Pieve di Corsignano before they arrived and I had to leave to get back to the cars. Unfortunately my photo's can't be shown here (not MF, just APS-C 🧐). Looking at your series I should have spent more time at the side altar, which is more interesting vs.s the main altar with the crucifixus behind a glass plate. But I do have a similar photo of the door with the iconography which is indeed very special.

pesto

Thanks for sharing this beautiful series, it brings back good memories from the photo-workshop I attended in Toscane in May 2016 when I also managed to spend a brief moment exploring this beautiful old church. The workshop leader and the other participants were't too interested in the church and quickly passed it on the way to take photo's at the "Gladiator Road" just beyond the church (or the road where some scenes of the film Gladiator were filmed). I stopped at that spot a little sooner than the rest, went back and spent about 10 minutes at Pieve di Corsignano before they arrived and I had to leave to get back to the cars. Unfortunately my photo's can't be shown here (not MF, just APS-C 🧐). Looking at your series I should have spent more time at the side altar, which is more interesting vs.s the main altar with the crucifixus behind a glass plate. But I do have a similar photo of the door with the iconography which is indeed very special.
Thanks for your note. It looks as though we had similar experiences over there; mine was in November of 2017. Pienza is among my favorite Tuscan towns and I keep promising myself to go back, unimpeded by a group, and do it all again.

Douglas.

Status
Not open for further replies.