The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

903SWC, CFV50C

Ray

Ray,

Love that magic square! This image draws my eye all around in it rather than left to right. It literally flows with the "X" geometry anchored by the tree.
Wow, you have really killed it with the combination of the SWC and CFV back! This is absolutely lovely. The gear is gorgeous as well and makes me dream of a CFV back for my old 503cxi! Very well done!:)

Grayhand

Thanks Dave!
Glad you liked it :)

Yes the combination of the SWC and CFV is a special combination.
It has a very special aesthetics to it!

And apart from hiding under a blanket while you gently caress the camera and whispering “My precious”, it actually is a really useful tool for taking photos.
Simple to use and so small.

So no worry David, you can rest assured that we all here at Dantes Inferno will do our best to help you get a CFV50C :cool:

Ray

Pemihan

Peter,

I have been reading about this area:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_volcanic_field

Wow! 1800 sq. miles and 600 volcanoes! Incredible images from space, too.

Who knew? Thanks for sharing such an other-worldly location!:):):)
Dave,

It's a great location. I have been deeper into the volcanic field some years back before I got into MF but this time I only had time for a brief stop before moving on. Also the wind was so fierce that it was almost impossible to do any decent photography. I'll be back though..!

D

Deleted member 7792

I love this tree, it is a perfect Four Seasons motif, and you must have this one on your calendar and check it each season, it is perfect for that! Thanks for sharing...
It's a lovely tree - and is that an owl perched at about 9 o'clock?
Bill & Dave, thanks very much. Yes, it is a lovely tree and worthy of repeated trips during the four seasons (35°36'26" N 83°49'11" W courtesy of X1D GPS accessory).

The "owl" is a cluster of dead leaves:

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

dave.gt

Beautiful, Joe!

I am sad that we have been unable to make even a daytrip to the mountains this year, but living vicariously has its good points, like when you post images!

Very well seen and done!:):):)

Last edited:

dave.gt

E.J., that is pretty stunning!

Lots of cool things going on with the light and shadows. I love this! Thank you for sharing as usual such fine work.:thumbup:

The Mystic Drawbridge in Connecticut built in 1920.
Each concrete counterweight is 230 tons.

Hasselblad X1D and 30mm f/3.5 XCD lens.
f/6.3 1/640 sec iso 100.

Mystic Drawbridge in Connecticut X1D Hasselblad Joe Marquez.jpg

dave.gt

Thanks Dave!
Glad you liked it :)

Yes the combination of the SWC and CFV is a special combination.
It has a very special aesthetics to it!

And apart from hiding under a blanket while you gently caress the camera and whispering “My precious”, it actually is a really useful tool for taking photos.
Simple to use and so small.

So no worry David, you can rest assured that we all here at Dantes Inferno will do our best to help you get a CFV50C :cool:

Ray
Ray, somehow I find that last sentence both comforting and frightening...:bugeyes:

:):):)

vieri

Stormy sunrise, Badwater, Death Valley

A stormy sunrise in Badwater, taken during one of my Death Valley Workshops last January.

With the Leica S (007), Leica Super-Elmar-S 24mm and Formatt-Hitech FIrecrest Filters. Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

D&A

I recently had a bit of time between non photographic endeavors to traverse various sections of the Blue Ridge Parkway for brief periods during a few days, to capture some of the last vestiges of the Autumn season.
As Joe's exquisitely crafted images posted here illustrate, as well as his words aptly describe, the Blue Ridge Parkway offers both spectacular as well as pastoral views of this magnificent area of the East coast's Blue Ridge Mountains and it's environs.

"Tranquil Sunset near Ravens Roost" George Washington National Forest.
(Pentax 645Z; FA 45-85mm)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.