The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Outstanding, Dave! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.

Joe
Thank you Joe, greatly appreciated. It's no secret that a great deal of my inspiration and learning of landscape photography come from the many diverse and lovely examples you have display as well as those of others here. Nature of course takes care of the rest.

Dave (D&A)

dave.gt

I recently had a bit of time between non photographic endeavors to traverse various sections of the Blue Ridge Parkway for brief periods during a few days, to capture some of the last vestiges of the Autumn season.
As Joe's exquisitely crafted images posted here illustrate, as well as his words aptly describe, the Blue Ridge Parkway offers both spectacular as well as pastoral views of this magnificent area of the East coast's Blue Ridge Mountains and it's environs.

"Tranquil Sunset near Ravens Roost" George Washington National Forest.
(Pentax 645Z; FA 45-85mm)
Whoa, Dave!!! That is stunning! Magnificent!!!:thumbup:p

D

Deleted member 7792

California Dawn...

X1D with 30mm lens at 1/25th sec f6.3 ISO 100
Tim, that's as symmetrical and as colorful as any shot I've seen recently. I assume you were relaxing poolside when you took this photo. Thanks for sharing. I like it!!

Joe

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Tim,

Looks like a great break from the usual November weather in the UK.

But would love to see some sand ... dunes .... unless you plan to climb some of the mountains thereabouts.

Enjoy the dry climate!

Bob

dave.gt

Bored today after spending two days in the ICU waiting for my sister to recover from surgery... go figure. Just restless by nature, I suppose. So, I ventured out to the front yard where we have a nice red maple. This being my first time ever with a MF digital camera to use, in the FALL, I just had to have some fun, just messing around, but I stopped by the fireplace first

H5D 80mm Handheld at something like 2.8 1/6"
:Harvest Rider handheld get DPI.jpg

A little bit of movement in the darkness, but good enough for now... I have gotten 1/15s shots before but this was stretching it a bit. I will keep working on technique.:)

Then, outside on a cloudy day:

Front Yard Tree Abstract Fall 2017 getdpi.JPG

Front Yard Tree Fall 2017 getdpi.jpg

Jeez, I need a road trip!

Last edited:
M

mjr

Afternoon

Had a quick wander around early this morning for some intimate landscape type shots, lots of ice building up on the river so went out specifically to capture some shapes and patterns.

Just for fun, needed some fresh air!

Mat

dave.gt

Wow!

Matt, these look more organic than natural environmental textures! They look almost like living organisms! Beautifully done!:):):)

What more can I say? I will just enjoy looking at them...:thumbup:

Last edited:
M

mjr

Thanks Dave, this is a lovely time of year, lots of ice building up but not much snow so everything can be seen. You need a Sweden trip to come see for yourself!

Enjoy your weekend.

Mat

D&A

Bill, I personally cannot say whether cropping the top of the image would enhance it (I'd have to see a comparison), but I do like seeing the trees tops on the left remain uncropped. Beautiful image!

Dave (D&A)

vjbelle

Another from the Crowsnest Pass, CDN Rockies. XF/100/SK55 In retrospect I wonder if I should crop the top to match the reflection at the bottom....
I certainly wouldn't...... Looks fine the way it is. The only way to get real symmetry would have been to move, if possible, to a completely different spot.

Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.