The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vieri

Two Brittany Coast sunsets - Warning: NOT iconic locations :)

The rocky coasts of Brittany close to Pleneuf-Val-André offer a number of photographic opportunities to those willing to explore them. Here two sunset views:

Ilot du Verdelet | 6 sec., Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm & Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters

Pleneuf-Val-André | 6.3 sec., Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm & Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.⁠

Thank you for viewing & commenting, best regards

Vieri

Hausen

Re: Two B&W seascapes from Dorset, UK

I love Dorset, with its mix of man-made landscapes and natural marvels. When the weather & light conditions are right, I love to portray Dorset's graphic rock formations and seascapes in black & white.

Kimmeridge Bay | 91 seconds, Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 30mm, Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Old Pier, Swanage | 128 seconds, Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 45mm, Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing & commenting, best regards

Vieri
Awesome work Vieri!

D&A

Sasha (dog) is doing what I call "crumb hunting". It's not very hard, food often gets dropped when Claudia is eating breakfast..

Two things come to mind when I saw this lovely shot.

1. Very Normal Rockwell like.

2. That cereal commercial with Mikey where he says "I Like It, I Like It".

Either way, beautifully lit, naturally staged. Well done!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

nameBrandon

Two things come to mind when I saw this lovely shot.

1. Very Normal Rockwell like.

2. That cereal commercial with Mikey where he says "I Like It, I Like It".

Either way, beautiful lit, naturally staged. Well done!

Dave (D&A)
Thanks Dave, very kind of you. That morning it was "Panda Puffs" cereal.. a favorite of both of theirs.. :)

vieri

Two Dolomites October sunrises

The light at sunrise on the Dolomites in the fall is just beautiful, soft and smooth. Here two images taken at a day difference last year in mid-October at sunrise:

1/5 sec., Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 45mm, Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

128 sec., Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm, Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

Ed Hurst

A rare opportunity for stars and near-static trees!

Last Friday night brought with it unusually still, calm conditions - together with a perfectly clear sky and enough moonlight to illuminate the foreground scenes. I wasn't going to let this opportunity pass to shoot stars through objects that would normally end up a blurry mess - trees and reeds!

Narrabeen Lakes to the north of Sydney.
Pentax 645Z with 28-45mm DA lens @ 33mm

[/url]Narrabeen Lakes on a very still night by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

darr

Sasha (dog) is doing what I call "crumb hunting". It's not very hard, food often gets dropped when Claudia is eating breakfast..

:clap:

Brandon,

Absolutely love this image! ❤
As much as I appreciate all the landscape images members post, I find this type of image remarkable.
Capturing the beauty found in everyday life is a special talent IMHO. Your lighting and post-processing are perfect.

My son had a wonderful kitty that was always just out of reach of his little toddler hands, and chose to follow him everywhere in the home.
I wish I had captured more images of their wonderful relationship. Your image warms my heart!! Thank you.

Kind regards,
Darr

nameBrandon

Is that a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? If so, we have one and ours does the same sometimes encouraging us (especially the kids) to drop food on the floor. :)
It is! Sasha is 9 years old. Such a fantastic breed.

:clap:

Brandon,

Absolutely love this image! ❤
As much as I appreciate all the landscape images members post, I find this type of image remarkable.
Capturing the beauty found in everyday life is a special talent IMHO. Your lighting and post-processing are perfect.

My son had a wonderful kitty that was always just out of reach of his little toddler hands, and chose to follow him everywhere in the home.
I wish I had captured more images of their wonderful relationship. Your image warms my heart!! Thank you.

Kind regards,
Darr
Thank you, Darr! Very kind of you. I love finding the everyday scenes, there's something powerful and beautiful about getting a glimpse into another "world", even for a moment. I'm a huge fan of Stephen Shore and Martin Parr for that reason. I do wish I was a bit better at landscapes, but with all of the amazing shots I see here I think the forum has that angle pretty well covered.. just glad to be able to contribute an image here and there that people enjoy!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Two bad photographic habits in one image - Cat and Stylized. This comes from setting Lightroom to "Visualize Spots" and doing a screen capture. I often invert the resulting image to get a charcoal pencil look, but this one is .. best left alone.

The motivation was a snagged inexpensive Elpro-S for the 180/3.5, and so closer focus than can ordinarily be achieved. So far, it's a choice between selfie and cat, and trust me, you don't want the selfie. :angel: Leica S(007)

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.