The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

Happy New Year 2021 to all!

My Last Photo of 2020 - Santa Clara 2021
Polaroid SLR670a by MiNT
Polaroid 600 B&W film

And may it be a year of health, good will, and healing in the same measure that the last was not!
Be well, stay sane, endure and prosper!

G

Godfrey

I used the Hasselblad 907x as a copy camera to obtain high-resolution scans of about 160 or so Polaroid prints today. Very pleased with the results! :)

Construction Fence Against Sunset - Santa Clara 2020
Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT
Polaroid 600 Color
Scanned with Hasselblad 907x + Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8

Enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Another Polaroid image that's been waiting for me to get to it for a long time ...

Structures - San Jose 2020
Polaroid SLR670x + Polaroid 600 Color
Scanned with Hasselblad 907x + Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8

Enjoy!

G

Godfrey

I try to walk every day, in addition to and sometimes instead of my bicycling. Walking affords me the luxury of stopping to make a photograph easily. I see things all the time that are noteworthy enough to my eye...

Stay Safe - Santa Clara 2021
Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT
Polaroid Originals 600 B&W

This sign has been in the front yard of this home for eight to nine months. I have several photos of it. I was moved to take another yesterday, as it has multiple meanings now.

Be well, stay sane, endure. Stay safe!!

G

Godfrey

Transmission scan of Washi 120 film with Hasselblad 907x + Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8

Hallmark 2064 - Santa Clara 2021
Fuji GS645S Professional Wide 60
Washi 120 film, ISO 6, Transmission Scan

enjoy!
G

ggibson

Cross-posting from the MF forum...

After not shooting film in a couple of months, I brought the Hasselblad and 80/2.8 to a socially-distanced bon voyage gathering with a few close friends. My buddy Dan is heading off to New Zealand for a sabbatical. I'm not only jealous of his escape to normal non-covid living there, but being able to travel around NZ :)

Shot on Tri-X 400

Dan
by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Godfrey

This showed up in the mail last August ...

“Eighteen Exposures to Eternity"

Fresh, new Polaroid-compatible pack film from SuperSense: 18 photographs and a camera to use them in. Each pack has ONE shot in it.

I'd been waiting a long time to see it.

So ... It sat on the shelf for half a year. Finally, I decided this morning to figure out how to work this film.
  • First exposure - blech, forgot to pull the dark slide.
  • Second exposure - Um, Oh .. yeah, you have to thread the puller tab through the rollers.
  • Third exposure - Success!

First successful exposure - One Instant film

It works! And even looks pretty good, considering the slow exposure and test subject. :D

Fifteen more exposures on hand. Take it slow... LOL!

G

pegelli

A few month ago I bought a Minolta Dynax 7, not as sturdy and heavy as the "top of the line" Dynax 9 but with a lot more options/bells and whistles. One great feature I like a lot is that it stores the exif data for the last 6 films so making it much easier to figure out which lens was used and possibly what went wrong after you develop the film.

I recently ran a roll of Kodak Porta 160 through it and here's a few results:

Antwerp tram passing over the Mexico bridges

I bet this isn't the skipper's car

Both with the Minolta 35/2
Scanned as negatives on an Epson V700 photo and then converted to positive and processed in Lightroom with the Negative Lab Pro plugin

Last edited:

pegelli

From the same roll as above

Zara Hadid's design for the Antwerp Harbour House, it includes the refurbished firestation below, but is now all offices for the harbour authorities.

Detail of the "ship"

Both with the Minolta 35/2
Scanned as negatives on an Epson V700 photo and then converted to positive and processed in Lightroom with the Negative Lab Pro plugin

Godfrey

I have been carrying a Polaroid with me on my cycling rides this past week or two. At 8 exposures per pack, one presses the shutter sparingly ... I often don't see anything worth another precious frame, or just see one frame in the entire ride. It's such a different photographic experience from carrying any of my digital cameras.

At Crema - San Jose 2021
Polaroid SLR670m by MiNT, SX-70 B&W by Polaroid

Ah, the modern cultural milieu. In non-pandemic times, this cafe like all the others would have a dozen tables out front and most would be full...

enjoy!
G

ggibson

I printed out some adapters to use 35mm film in my Hasselblad. First time doing this and I stupidly loaded the film the wrong way around! Well I lost the whole roll... brand new Ektachrome E100 also. Not wanting to waste another expensive roll, I bought some Kodak Gold 400, which I've never tried before. Luckily, I figured out what I did wrong and loaded everything correctly this time. A trick I learned from a youtube video is taping an extra length of film about 18" to the lead in order to use the shot counter normally and squeeze as many exposures out as possible. I was able to get 21 shots out of a roll in an A24 back I had lying around (of course, not all were keepers...).

One big ergonomic challenge with this is that the film back scrolls vertically in a Hasselblad, so the film is in portrait orientation holding it normally. Shooting normal panoramic shots ala XPAN requires turning the camera sideways, and I don't know if you've ever tried to shoot a Hasselblad turned on its side (why would you?), but it's awkward to say the least. Using a focusing screen is even more challenging because the image is upside-down! Using a viewfinder fixes this at least and makes panoramic shots easier to hold and focus. I think shooting 35mm film in a medium format camera is a lot easier in cameras like the Pentax 67. So more of my shots were composed vertically than I probably would have otherwise. I did make a little framing guide to sit on top of the acute matte screen to help, otherwise you just have to eyeball where the film might be.

Anyways, here's my first one! I shot the whole roll with my Zeiss 80/2.8.

Climber
by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

ggibson

very cool! I have an adapter set like that, should try it out!

G
It's fun! I really like composing with a panoramic crop in-camera. Had to try this, but now I'm afraid I want an XPAN.

One other thing to be aware of is that you have to unload the film in a darkroom or dark bag to wind the film back into the cannister.

Next, I might try this with my 6x17 camera just for laughs :ROFLMAO:

KC_2020

That's fun!

And you're using the best area of the lens, center to edge but not the corners. Though any of the 80mm, C, CF or CFI are all pretty good in the corners.

An Xpan image is 24mm x 65mm and you're getting 24mm X 56mm. I say buy another lens for the camera you've got and skip the Xpan.