The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

darr

Linhof MT 3000 + Docter APO Germinar 9/240mm + Polaroid Type 55

This image has been cropped square on purpose for my, "A Photo A Day Project." I am busy downsizing and emptying out my old film stock. I have had 1-1/2 boxes of Type 55 in the crisper drawers for over 10 years. Even with all the hurricanes that brought weeks of power outage, the film so far has held up. I do miss the availability of this film.

Kind regards,
Darr

Bruno Gil

The São Domingos Mine is a deserted open-pit mine in Corte do Pinto, Alentejo, Portugal. This site is one of the volcanogenic massive sulfide ore deposits in the Iberian Pyrite Belt, which extends from the southern Portugal into Spain. It was the first place in Portugal to have electric lighting.

Wista 450 + Fuji 210mm + Portra 400

JoelM

One of my first 4x5 images years ago. I also took it in color, but I think the B&W looks okay. Shadows are blocked up. This love of LF eventually led to 12x20 and pt/pd printing. I miss those days.

Joel

yoselo.jpg

JoelM

This was an 8x10 negative that I was practicing platinum printing back in the day. I tried to recreate it with software, but it isn't the same.

Joel

RabbitBuggy-1.jpg

RabbitBuggyWhatAday.jpg

JeRuFo

12_20151021_Huize_Almelo_004s2.jpg

Chamonix 045N-2, fomapan 100

This was shot in 2015. I remember being so happy that it turned out as intended. It was shot while waiting for the light levels to climb a little bit just after sunrise, so I could shoot in a darker part of the forest. I was taking a break and walking around with my light meter still around my neck and found these branches hanging down over the water and the soft light gave it all a Japanese feel somehow and I noticed I could just fit the whole contrast range in the exposure to keep the look as soft as possible. This image is why I wanted to buy a roll of rice paper to print it on, but I never got around to it.

pfigen

Been rescanning some older images where maybe I wasn't 100 percent thrilled with the original scans. This is a shot from the mid to late 90's for the cover of Acoustic Guitar Magazine featuring a 1951 Gibson SJ-200 and a 1939 Martin D-28 Herringbone - well over a hundred thousand dollars of old wood and two gorgeously beautiful looking and sounding guitars. Shot on a Cambo 4x5 with a Schneider 210 5.6 on Ektachrome. Scanned on a Howtek HR8000. GibsonMartin_AG_1500.jpg

JoelM

While doing some cleaning and sorting, I came across a few of my 12x20 negatives. But, alas, I have no way of scanning them. :cry:

Joel

pfigen

While doing some cleaning and sorting, I came across a few of my 12x20 negatives. But, alas, I have no way of scanning them. :cry:

Joel
Do you have a light box and a digital camera? Even though you don't need a macro lens per se as the film is so large, you want the flat field and lack of distortion of a macro.

JoelM

Do you have a light box and a digital camera? Even though you don't need a macro lens per se as the film is so large, you want the flat field and lack of distortion of a macro.
Yes, I have a large light box, one of those old Hall wooden ones. I have macro lenses for the Sony, but I suppose I would have to mask the light box for the negatives and then take about 4 or 5 shots to capture the whole thing. More likely, I would need about 20 shots to cover it 1:1 :)

Also, they are B&W negatives so I would have to find a way/program to invert it as these were made by me for Platinum/Palladium printing.

Joel

MartinN

Dusting off my CrownGraphic 4x5 and loading some sheet film, Fomapan100.
Very contrasty*summer light and figuring out the best scanning method for preserving detail in the sky,
I hadn't any yellow or red filter. Scan Epson V700, selfmade mask for european 9cmx12cm film.

Small town summer:

Schneider 100mm at f22 1/30s, dev Kodak HC-110 dilution B at 5min.
Too agressive developer, will try more diluted for summer use.

MartinN

Now much happier with my development.
Tried first HC-110 dilution F 1:80 for 8min stand. That was a bit too little.
The next try was the same dilution but 15 min, and that will be my summer standard
for Fomapan100. Scan EpsonV700.

Tried out my new camera Horseman HF with Nikkor W 150mm at f22.