The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

dchew

Close up of sky. Next time I go on vacation, I'll do a wet clean of the sensor first, and avoid this cleanup work.

View attachment 198726
Hi Jeff,
I'm curious how you carry the camera. I used to carry it assembled in the bag, and for various reasons I've switched to disassembled carry. In doing so, I had to overcome a big dust problem when carrying the back disassembled. I don't like to keep the back adapter on the camera because of the exposed pins and inability to cover the camera opening. I remove the back and back adapter from the camera and use this Alpa plastic cap. But I don't like that cap much because it isn't air-tight, and I am suspicious it flexes and acts like a diaphragm pump, cycling dirty camera bag air across the sensor. I've had miserable experiences with dust as a result.

For now, I still use the Alpa cap but put the back in a ziplock bag. Not to protect it from water but to protect it from dust. That has solved my dust issue apart from the random occasional spec.

Dave

JeffK

Hi Jeff,
I'm curious how you carry the camera. I used to carry it assembled in the bag, and for various reasons I've switched to disassembled carry. In doing so, I had to overcome a big dust problem when carrying the back disassembled. I don't like to keep the back adapter on the camera because of the exposed pins and inability to cover the camera opening. I remove the back and back adapter from the camera and use this Alpa plastic cap. But I don't like that cap much because it isn't air-tight, and I am suspicious it flexes and acts like a diaphragm pump, cycling dirty camera bag air across the sensor. I've had miserable experiences with dust as a result.

For now, I still use the Alpa cap but put the back in a ziplock bag. Not to protect it from water but to protect it from dust. That has solved my dust issue apart from the random occasional spec.

Dave
When disassembled I keep it with the metal cover on. I should go back to using a ziplock bag too! But I didn't for this trip.I kept the back/body/lens assembled in my camera bag (Billingham Hadley One). However, I hadn't cleaned before I left and I should've.

GeorgeBo

Started a new Thanksgiving Day tradition while our son is away at grad school the next few years. We went to visit him and hit the trails Thanksgiving morning for a nice hike vs cooking all day. We still had our traditional meal which my wife and I prepared the day before. But not only are the trails empty, you work up a good appetite for later in the day :)

After a good climb down to these waterfalls, I had the place to myself for about a hour before I saw anyone else. This is usually a busy spot.

Shooting with a CFV II 50C on a Cambo Actus G that I converted to DB. Nikkor SW 65/4 lens. -15mm rear vertical shift and a few degrees front tilt

George

B9679288-3.jpg

rdeloe

Started a new Thanksgiving Day tradition while our son is away at grad school the next few years. We went to visit him and hit the trails Thanksgiving morning for a nice hike vs cooking all day. We still had our traditional meal which my wife and I prepared the day before. But not only are the trails empty, you work up a good appetite for later in the day :)

After a good climb down to these waterfalls, I had the place to myself for about a hour before I saw anyone else. This is usually a busy spot.

Shooting with a CFV II 50C on a Cambo Actus G that I converted to DB. Nikkor SW 65/4 lens. -15mm rear vertical shift and a few degrees front tilt

George
A nice tradition, and a nice waterfall!

I like the way you're handling the water. I like seeing some movement in the water, so I'm not a fan of the slow shutter speeds that turn it all into a blur.

GeorgeBo

Thanks! I have had the opportunity to shoot a number of waterfalls this autumn and I am finding that 1/30sec is the sweet spot for me.

A nice tradition, and a nice waterfall!

I like the way you're handling the water. I like seeing some movement in the water, so I'm not a fan of the slow shutter speeds that turn it all into a blur.