The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

diggles

Headed back out to RMNP and Dream Lake again. The weather was interesting. The forecast stated partly cloudy at sunrise, but when I got to the park it was raining and completely overcast. As I started hiking to the lake the rain became a slow drizzle. While waiting for the sun to come out the clouds started to form.

The glow in this first image only lasted about a minute before fading.

Cambo WRS1600 + IQ4 150 + Schneider APO-Digitar 43XL (a couple degrees of tilt to get the foreground grass and mountains sharp)
Dream Lake RMNP P0000459 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

I thought the color was gone so I started to put my stuff away, then all of a sudden the mountain side was bathed in light again. I had to hurry to get this one. Originally it wasn't going to be a stitch image, but the single image was pretty tight. I wish I would have got a bit more of the foreground, but I was rushing and the 2 cups of coffee I had on the way to the park were weighing heavily on my mind at the time.

Cambo WRS1600 + IQ4 150 + Schneider APO-Digitar 120 ASPH (4 image stitch)
Dream Lake RMNP P0000486_Panorama by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

One of my goals from this session was to walk around where I normally don't go and see what presented itself to me. This scene caught my eye. The sun was going in and out of the clouds so I had to wait about a half hour for the light I was hoping for.

Cambo WRS1600 + IQ4 150 + Schneider APO-Digitar 120 ASPH (2 image stitch)
Aspen Trees and Ferns P0000528_Panorama by Warren Diggles, on Flickr