The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Another snowmobile pic from the GFX, still surprised how responsive this camera is, these guys are going incredibly quick, split second in front of the camera.

ocarlo

panel #14: Jesus of Congo
"Angels of the Central African Forest (After the Crucifixion)"
P45, Mamiya RZ ProIID 65mm, Elinchrom Ranger A head on boom from overhead.

JESUS0145124-2NEWER-3.jpg

Grayhand

Docksta

903 SWC, CFV50C

This is not fun...
I am, once again, going north in my work, from the sunny spring in the south, to the gloomy late winter in the north.
This time I will end up in the true "True North" :cry:

Ray

stevenfr

This is the panoramic image of the same dogwood tree that I posted a few days ago. This image seems to sell better than the non panoramic image.

Steven

Last edited:

Thorkil

Docksta

903 SWC, CFV50C

This is not fun...
I am, once again, going north in my work, from the sunny spring in the south, to the gloomy late winter in the north.
This time I will end up in the true "True North" :cry:

Ray
...but then at least, Ray, we others can enjoy your beautifull SWC pictures here secure suited in our warm chairs "deep down in the south" :rolleyes::thumbs: (keep pushing North..:thumbup:)
thorkil
PS how narrow do the viewangel get, approx.? original it is 91 degree as far as I remember

Grayhand

Well Thorkil, I really like the thought of the warm chair ;)

Tomorrow evening I will drive up to Malmberget and hold a 1-day course for the big mining company. I am now working in Umeå.
Then I was thinking about to go up to Narvik over the weekend. And do a lot of photos in the mountains during the weekend.
Because I will be approximately 100 km north of the Arctic Circle anyway, so it's only about 300 km left to Narvik.

But now have the big steel mill in Luleå realised that I am up in the north, so they want a meeting on Friday morning.
So no Narvik this trip. On Monday-Tuesday I have to be in a Paper Mill in Piteå. And the go home.. A trip of about 3 300km in my wee car..
But I will try to get out to the coast at Luleå for some photos during the weekend, so hopefully some nice photos!

Regarding the viewing angle of the SWC, I am really not sure what to say.

There is of course the technical answer to your question: It should be about 71-72 degrees in the horizontal plane when using the CFV50C.

But the subjective feeling of the SWC is that it has a larger viewing angel than what the technical specs says.
Especially if you use the film back. Then you get more in your photo than what is visible in the viewfinder.

But I will later come back with more information of my modification of the SWC to be able to use it with the digiback.
And more tests and subjective results.

Ray

Thorkil

Well Thorkil, I really like the thought of the warm chair ;)

Tomorrow evening I will drive up to Malmberget and hold a 1-day course for the big mining company. I am now working in Umeå.
Then I was thinking about to go up to Narvik over the weekend. And do a lot of photos in the mountains during the weekend.
Because I will be approximately 100 km north of the Arctic Circle anyway, so it's only about 300 km left to Narvik.

But now have the big steel mill in Luleå realised that I am up in the north, so they want a meeting on Friday morning.
So no Narvik this trip. On Monday-Tuesday I have to be in a Paper Mill in Piteå. And the go home.. A trip of about 3 300km in my wee car..
But I will try to get out to the coast at Luleå for some photos during the weekend, so hopefully some nice photos!

Regarding the viewing angle of the SWC, I am really not sure what to say.

There is of course the technical answer to your question: It should be about 71-72 degrees in the horizontal plane when using the CFV50C.

But the subjective feeling of the SWC is that it has a larger viewing angel than what the technical specs says.
Especially if you use the film back. Then you get more in your photo than what is visible in the viewfinder.

But I will later come back with more information of my modification of the SWC to be able to use it with the digiback.
And more tests and subjective results.

Ray
I will be back Ray, while all the written words suddenly dissapeared, sigh.., but try to be safe driving until then on all the icy road, and try to find a warm chair once in a while, and some cold pictures,
I might better just stick to the films in my SWC, now I can get it cheap scanned, the CFV50C will be too expensive a solution for a simple and poor architect :), and the bonus might be getting wider with the film.
In admiration to your very active working-life, but I have a strong suspicion that you do like it :)....
Thorkil

Grayhand

Now on the wrong side of the Artic circle, and nice and dry roads :thumbup:

The SWC is really fun to shoot film with so far, as fun as it was with my Mamiya 6 systems!
And very easy to use with a monopod down to 1/30 without any problems.
If I am careful even slover.
I can understand you Thorkil if you like to use it for architecture, the lens seems to have very little distorsion.
And standard B60 filter size, so all stuff from my V system fits perfect.

Nice little gadget!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.